Plan with purpose
Successfully transitioning a business from one generation to the next is one of the most challenging tasks family business owners face.
- The senior-gen, and their advisors, must focus on the whole system (family, ownership and management), not only on the financial and legal aspects of succession
- Healthy succession requires transparency, accountability and a willingness to change
- Like other significant transitions, succession must be viewed as a process, not an event
Set the business up for success
We offer leadership and transition coaching to individuals, management teams and families. And, we are especially passionate about developing confident, capable and respected next generation leaders and decision-makers.
External coaching is widely accepted as a best practice for accelerating leadership development, and can be particularly helpful for next gens working within the complexity of a family business. Our unique coaching approach is ideal for family businesses that want the next generation to grow into their highest potential and:
- Make their mark as managers and leaders in their own right, earning the respect that is required for long-term success in the business
- Acquire new skills and perspectives for improved job performance and more meaningful impact as a leader
- Learn practical and positive ways for navigating the dynamics at the intersection of personal, family and business priorities
Step away from the everyday "busyness" of business
Our retreats give you a much-needed opportunity to slow down and reflect on what matters most to your family and your business.
- Held off-site in inspiring spaces, retreats are informal, interactive and outcome-focused
- Ideal for family businesses of all shapes and sizes (i.e. husband + wife teams, sibling partnerships, multi-generational business families)
- Designed to be a "day-away" but can easily be customized into a weekend-away or integrated with fun family time
A sampling of our retreat packages:
- All wheels aligned
Check in with your family to ensure personal, family and business goals and priorities are updated, understood and aligned. Like a tune-up for your car, only a lot more meaningful.
- Walk a mile
A team-building opportunity for families who work together. Strengthen relationships with the people you think you already know.
- The seeds of legacy
Who are you as a family? What do you stand for? Create a values-based family "brand" identity that future generations can connect to – whether they work in the business or not.
- Transition time
Do the unthinkable. Take a day off to focus on your inevitable exit from the business. We don't mind if you come kicking and screaming. Just come. And don't forget to bring your spouse along!
- Learning adventures
For business families who have the basics in place and want something more. Discover and develop the intergenerational capacities for leadership in your family through experiential learning.